Have questions about your order? You can contact us at email@example.com with your order number if your question is not answered below!
Where do you offer shipping?
We are currently shipping merchandise nationwide and beer within the states of Oregon, Washington, and Nevada, as well as to Anchorage, Alaska.
We will be expanding our shipping zone through Spring 2021 to Kentucky, Virginia, Washington DC, New Hampshire, Vermont, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Nebraska.
At Great Notion, we like to sell our beer directly to lovers of our brews. From time to time, we may do a “drop” in your city through a small, local distributor, and we also occasionally self-distribute in Oregon or Washington to hook up rad taprooms and bottle shops for fun events. If you are interested in buying our beer for your taproom for a special occasion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Unfortunately, California law does not allow the shipping of alcohol directly to consumers without an in-state presence. We are working on creative solutions for the future!
How long until my order arrives?
All orders are shipped with UPS Ground. Shipping times will vary based on distance, but your tracking information will be updated with more precise delivery details. Next-day delivery is not guaranteed, and most orders will arrive within a few days to a week from the time the order was placed.
How much does shipping cost?
There are no minimum purchase amounts. Our shipping fee is calculated at a flat rate by region in order to keep shipping costs reasonable for the consumer. The flat rate per case (six 4packs) is as follows:
Oregon and Washington: $20
Western and Midwest States: $25
East Coast States: $30
Anchorage, Alaska: $100
What are the shipping limits in my state?
Many states enforce limits on the amount of beer that can be shipped to a customer within a given timeframe. If you order over the allotted number of 4packs per month (or year in NH, NE, and VT), your order will be cancelled and refunded. Read on for specific guidelines in your state:
Oregon – 2 cases per calendar month per residence
Virginia – 2 cases per calendar month per person
Kentucky – 10 cases per calendar month per person
Washington DC – 1 case per person per calendar month
New Hampshire – 9 cases per household per calendar year; *No shipping is allowed to Ellsworth
Vermont – 12 cases per person per calendar year; *No shipping is allowed to Athens, Baltimore, Maidstone, or Holland
North Dakota – 1.5 cases per person per calendar month
Nebraska – 9.5 cases per calendar year per person
*** More state laws to be added as shipping zone expands. Washington, Nevada, and Alaska do not have direct to consumer shipping limits.
Do I need to sign for my delivery?
Yes, someone 21+ will need to sign for your package. Multiple orders or large orders requiring multiple boxes may arrive separately. If no one is home to accept the delivery, UPS will attempt to redeliver three times. If you refuse delivery or your package is undeliverable, your order will be returned to Great Notion and we will refund you minus a $25 restocking fee. The person named in the order does not need to be present to accept the delivery as long as someone 21+ is available to receive it.
Merchandise shipments do not require a signature, and may be left at the door.
Will you provide tracking information?
Once your order is packed, we hand it off to UPS. They will contact you with tracking information, and you will be able to communicate directly with them regarding any shipping questions. UPS recommends signing up for My Choice for free on ups.com to allow you to see the most up-to-date delivery information.
I did not receive my tracking information.
If you use AppleID to create your account, your information (including your email address) is hidden from the app. If you do not receive tracking information by the end of the day on which you placed the order, please reach out to us at email@example.com and we can forward that number to you. To ensure that you can receive shipping notifications from us, you may wish to create an account connected to an email address you use regularly. The email address on an existing account cannot be changed for security reasons.
My order is taking longer to arrive than expected.
Once your order leaves our facility, you will need to contact customer service at UPS directly. However, you can also let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org if your order is delayed and we will help if we can.
Can I change my shipping address? Can I change or add to my order? Can I combine orders?
Orders are processed very quickly once they come in, so please let us know as soon as possible if there are any changes by sending an email to email@example.com. You are responsible for reviewing order details before placing an order. We are happy to field requests, however we cannot promise that we will be able to accommodate changes.
My address is wrong on my confirmation email.
Please shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and the correct address as soon as possible, and we will update your shipping label accordingly.
My address is appearing with OR in the state field, but I live in another state.
Not to worry! This is a minor bug in the app that we will have resolved shortly. As long as you enter your address correctly, everything will go through on our end just fine.
I am in your shipping zone, but the app is telling me I am out of the delivery area.
You will need to ensure that you have selected the Shipping option when adding items to your cart, not Delivery.
Can I make multiple orders for the same beer to the same address?
As long as it is within the allocation limits and state limits. Only 1 allocation per household per day. However, shipping fees will be higher for multiple orders, so it is best practice to place only one order. Our largest boxes can accommodate a full case (six 4packs).
I want to order from multiple drops this week, will you hold my order and combine shipping?
Due to limited cooler capacity, we are currently unable to hold orders. Once you place your order, it will be processed, packed, and shipped right away to make room for the next drop!
Can I purchase more than one allotment in a day if I place multiple orders?
We ask that you respect the allocation limits that we set, as stated in the drop deets for each beer. This means that you may only order one allocation per address per day. We keep an eye on incoming orders and automatically refund any product above the max limit.
Do you accept returns and exchanges?
In the event that your beer order is damaged, or if you receive the wrong beer, we will issue a full refund. We are not currently able to offer exchanges, except sometimes in cases of damage to merchandise. Please see below for more specific details.
- My cans arrived damaged or broken.
- Please send an email within one week of receiving the product with your order number and photos of the damage to email@example.com. Upon receipt of your message, we will initiate a refund per damaged can. Due to limited inventory, we are not able to offer replacements. Once processed, you should see the funds in your account in about 4-5 business days.
- My merch arrived damaged or broken.
- Please send an email within one week of receiving your product with your order number and photos of the item in question to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon inspection of the damage we will send out a replacement. In the event that we are sold out of the item, we will initiate a full refund.
- I received the wrong beer in my order.
- Please send an email within one week of receiving the product with your order number and photos of the beer in question to email@example.com. Upon receipt of your message, we will issue a refund for the full amount of the missing beer and your shipping costs. Due to limited inventory, we are not able to offer replacements. No need to send the beer back, however! It’s on us. Once processed, you should see the refund in your account in about 4-5 business days.
- I received the wrong merch item or size.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and details of the error within one week of receipt. We will send you a prepaid packing label so that you can return the incorrect item. Returned items must be unused and unwashed, with original packaging and tags attached. We will not issue a refund if the product is broken or damaged upon return due to improper packaging. Once we receive the returned item, we will send the correct merch your way!
- I ordered the wrong beer/I don’t like my beer.
- We do not accept beer returns. You are responsible for reviewing your order details before placing your order. If you do find an error, please reach out to us as soon as possible. Because we process and ship orders quickly after orders are placed, we cannot guarantee that we can accommodate modifications. Our beer is subject to a stringent quality control process, and we are confident that the beer we are sending out is some of the best out there! However, if you feel that there is a quality issue, we want to know about it! You can reach out to us at email@example.com with details and photos (if applicable), and we will make a determination on a case by case basis.
- I ordered the wrong size or wrong item.
- If you would like to return merchandise, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and details of the error within one week of receipt. Returned items must be unused and unwashed, with original packaging and tags attached. We will not issue a refund if the product is broken or damaged upon return due to improper packaging. We will send you a packing label, which you can print at home and once we receive your item, we will issue a refund minus the cost of return shipping. You can expect to see the funds in your account in 4-5 business days. We do not offer exchanges at the moment, but you may place a new order for the correct item.
How will COVID-19 affect the packaging and shipping process?
At Great Notion, our number one priority is the safety of our team and our guests. Since the outbreak of COVID-19, we followed CDC guidelines to put in place rigorous health and safety protocol to ensure that we are protecting everyone to the best of our ability.
As the pandemic situation continues to shift, it is possible that we will experience delays or disruptions in our shipping process. We will be sure to communicate clearly if this is the case, and resolve any issues as soon as we can.